Which scenario sounds more comfortable? Packed onto a budget airline, struggling to zip your under-seat approved rucksack, or watching the countryside roll by outside your window before heading to your cabin for a rest? I know which I’d prefer.
Overnight rail is having a resurgence as people opt for greener and more comfortable travel. This year, Europe is expecting the arrival of new overnight routes, between Brussels and Milan, and Paris and Berlin. And while train travel might not beat airlines on price, it is less susceptible to fuel shortages and volatility in global energy markets.
One of my own most treasured rail travel memories is taking several long-distance trains from the south of France to Barcelona, where I marveled at Antoni Gaudí’s Sagrada Família. What I didn’t know at the time was that the basilica’s extraordinary architecture is underpinned by mathematical principles.
And global uncertainty is the new normal (there’s even an index to track it). Here’s how institutions in government and business can build resilience and protect people against shocks.
0 comments:
Post a Comment